ROBUST, TRUSTED, AND
PURPOSEFUL FINANCIAL CENTRE
- A DYNAMIC AND PURPOSEFUL FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Attracting Institutional Investors
- Enhancing Risk Management Ecosystem
- Box 1: Insurance Vision 2020
- Box 2: Ongoing Efforts to Develop a Robust RMB Ecosystem
- Enhancing the RMB Ecosystem
- Strengthening Capital Market Linkages and Increasing Product Diversity
- Box 3: Growth of Singapore's International Financial Centre
- Developing Globally Competitive Talent for the Future
- Harnessing Technology and Innovation for Future Growth
A DYNAMIC AND PURPOSEFUL FINANCIAL CENTRE
ATTRACTING INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS
The asset management industry in Singapore continued to grow in size and diversity. Assets under management (AUM) rose by 30% from S$1.82 trillion in 2013 to S$2.36 trillion in 2014. Allocation to Asia-Pacific investments accounted for two-thirds of total AUM, reflecting continued global investor interest in the region.
Given Asia's sound economic prospects, sovereign wealth and pension funds have continued to set up in Singapore to access the investment opportunities in the region. In late 2014, La Caisse de depot et placement du Québec set up an office in Singapore, joining the Investment Company of People's Republic of China, Norges Bank Investment Management and the Swiss National Bank. The Korean National Pension Service has also decided to set up an office in Singapore in 2015.