SERVING THE PUBLIC,
- SERVING THE PUBLIC
- Managing Dollars and Cents
- Singapore Savings Bonds
- Box 4: Delivering Financial Education through the Institute for Financial Literacy
- Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement
SERVING THE PUBLIC
ENHANCING STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
MAS believes firmly in the merits of consultation with the public and stakeholders in the formulation of policies. In addition, MAS endeavours to communicate its policies to the public and the financial industry clearly. As part of the public-sector wide commitment to be a trusted public service, MAS embarked on an internal review in 2014 to improve the way it consults and engages with the public and its stakeholders.
As a result of the review, MAS will be implementing the following key initiatives in 2015:
- Include a policy highlights sheet for consultations on policies that substantially impact consumers. By tailoring the content to suit consumers, it will help the public to better understand MAS' proposals and allow them to provide valuable feedback.
- Utilise a broader range of communication channels and tools to better reach and connect with different stakeholders, especially consumers. This includes greater usage of online channels, such as microsites, and conveying information in a more interactive and engaging manner.
- Aim to provide clear and timely responses to queries from the public, financial institutions and other stakeholders. This will be effected through enhancements to internal practices.