SGS bonds are fully backed by the Singapore Government.
- Government of Singapore
- 2, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30 years
- Interest rate
- Fixed, semi-annual coupon
- Interest payments
- Every 6 months, starting from the month of issue. Paid on the first business day of the month.
- Maturity and redemption
- Cannot be redeemed early, but can be . You receive the face (par) value upon redemption at maturity.
- There is no capital gains tax in Singapore.
- For individuals, interest income earned on SGS is tax exempt.
- Non-residents without a permanent establishment in Singapore do not have to pay taxes on interest income.