SGS T-bills are fully backed by the Singapore Government.
- Government of Singapore
- 6 months or 1 year
- Interest rate
- No coupon. Issued at a discount to the face value
- There is no capital gains tax in Singapore.
- For individuals, interest income earned on SGS is tax exempt.
- Non-residents without a permanent establishment in Singapore do not have to pay taxes on interest income.
What It Is Good For
Use T-bills to:
- Diversify your investment portfolio.
- Receive a fixed interest payment at maturity.
- Invest in a safe, short-term investment option.
Buying and Selling
Investors can purchase T-bills at auction. Auctions typically take place 3 business days before issuance and are announced on the SGS website 5 business days before the auction.
- Bid format
- In yield terms, up to 2 decimal places.
- Investment amount
Minimum S$1,000, and in multiples of S$1,000.
- Typical issue size
- S$2 billion to S$4 billion.
- Who can buy
- All institutions and individuals, including non-residents. Individuals need to be 18 years and above.
- Buy with SRS and CPF
- T+3 at auction; T+1 in the secondary market.