- No transfer or pledge: Savings Bonds may not be transferred or pledged without the prior approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore ("MAS"). Savings Bonds transferred or pledged without MAS' prior approval may be redeemed by MAS from the transferee or pledgee.
- This is a public notice issued pursuant to Section 30 of the Government Securities Act.
- Notification under Section 309B(1) of the Securities and Futures Act (SFA): Singapore Savings Bonds are classified as prescribed capital markets products and Excluded Investment Products as defined in MAS Notice SFA 04-N12 and MAS Notice FAA-N16.
- By subscribing to the Savings Bonds, you shall be deemed to have understood, accepted, and be bound by, the terms and conditions of the Savings Bonds on the date of issuance of the Savings Bonds to you.
- MAS also invites applications from bondholders to redeem outstanding Savings Bonds at face value plus accrued interest. For avoidance of doubt, post-redemption, the bondholder shall no longer be entitled to any further interest payments for redeemed Savings Bonds. Redemption proceeds may take up to one additional working day to be credited to individual bank accounts.
- Savings Bonds are taxable, non-transferable, book-entry Singapore Government Securities ("SGS"). Please note that this SGS issue is a "Qualifying Debt Security" ("QDS") eligible for the tax incentives approved by the Minister for Finance for QDS issued up till 31 December 2023. More information on QDS incentives is available at .
- Tax exemption shall not apply on interest, discount, break cost, prepayment fee or redemption premium derived from QDS issued up till 31st December 2023 by any non-resident investor who carries on any operation in Singapore through a permanent establishment in Singapore, if the debt securities are purchased using funds from Singapore operations. Persons who are not exempted from tax are required to declare their income received from the debt securities in their income tax returns.
You can apply through DBS/POSB, OCBC and UOB internet banking portals and ATMs, and OCBC’s mobile app; or the Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) or through the internet banking portal of your SRS Operator.
- 7am to 9pm, Monday to Saturday, excluding Public Holidays.
- On the opening day of application, the hours are from 6pm to 9pm.
- You will need an individual CDP account (for cash applications) or an SRS account (for SRS applications).
- CPF funds are not eligible.