Invest for up to 10 years with interest that increases over time. The longer you save, the higher your return.
Start SmallYou don't need to set aside a large amount of money - start with as little as S$500.
Maintain the Value of Your SavingsIf you are a retiree or nearing retirement, Savings Bonds can be a safe and flexible way to maintain the value of your nest egg.
Set Up a Rainy Day FundEarn step-up interest on your savings while having the flexibility to access your funds within a month.
Diversify Your InvestmentsIf you're an active investor, you can diversify the risk in your portfolio by allocating a portion to Savings Bonds.
- Savings Bonds offer you a return that increases the longer you hold them for. This “step up” feature of the SSB reflects the objective of the Savings Bond programme, which is to facilitate long-term savings and investment.
- Coupon rates for each issuance of Savings Bonds are determined such that the average annual compounded return over an investor’s investment period (e.g. 5 years) is linked to the yield of an SGS of a corresponding tenor (e.g. 5 year SGS bond yield). There may be two exceptions to this:
- The first exception may arise from time to time if the shape of the SGS yield curve does not allow the interest rates to step-up. An adjustment may be made to ensure that the interest payments do not step down in any year within the life of a particular Savings Bond. This adjustment does not affect the return on the Savings Bond if it is held for the full 10 years.
- The second exception is due to very small rounding differences of up to +/-0.03% that may arise in the computation of average returns for Savings Bonds.
- MAS will announce the interest rates for each Savings Bond, as well as the returns over different holding periods, upon opening applications for that Savings Bond issue. The information will be published on the Savings Bonds website () and in local newspapers.
- A new Savings Bond will be issued every month. MAS will announce () details of the upcoming Savings Bond issue (such as the amount available and interest rates) on the 1st business day of each month.
- The application period for each Savings Bond issue opens on 6.00pm on the 1st business day of the month and closes at 9.00pm on the 4th last business day of the month.
- The operating hours for application submission are: 7am-9pm, Mon-Sat (excluding Public Holidays)
- You can redeem your Savings Bonds in any given month before the bond matures, with no penalty for exiting your investment early.
- The redemption period opens on the 1st business day of each month and closes on the 4th last business day of the month. You will receive your redemption proceeds along with any accrued interest by the 2nd business day of the following month. For example, if you submit a redemption request of $1,000 in May, you will receive the $1,000 and any accrued interest by the end of the 2nd business day in June.
Yes. You can redeem your holdings in SSB and apply for a new bond in the same month, provided you are within your total Individual Limit of S$200,000.
However, you must ensure that there is sufficient money in your bank account at the point of application as your redemption proceeds will only be returned to you by the end of the second business day of the following month from when you submitted the redemption application.
For cash subscriptions
- Savings Bonds which are allocated to you and/or interest paid will be reflected in your CDP account statement. You will also receive half-yearly CDP statements in June and December each year as long as you have holdings in CDP.
- You can check the bonds held in your CDP Securities account through the following methods:
For SRS subscriptions
- You can check the bonds held in your SRS account through the internet banking portal of your SRS Operator.
For cash and SRS subscriptions
- You may also check your SSB holdings by logging in to the My Savings Bonds portal, accessible via the SSB website (). Please note that holdings of the most recent issued SSB will only be reflected in the portal one business day after the issuance date, by 10am.
- NRIC holders may log in to the My Savings Bonds portal using your Singpass ID. Please note that logins via FIN are currently not available.