Who We Look For
We recruit graduates from all disciplines (except Medicine, Dentistry, and Architecture). We value diversity and seek candidates with well-rounded backgrounds and a consistent track record of academic and non-academic excellence.
We also look for qualities such as integrity, analytical ability, communication skills, enterprise, leadership, team-player qualities and the potential to grow with the organisation.
We do not have requirements on degree classification, nor do we have a preference for any particular discipline.
We believe that tertiary education provides a good training of the mind and a sound foundation necessary for a professional career. Your adaptability and motivation coupled with the training available in MAS (both formal and on-the-job) would enable you to contribute positively to the organisation.
We maintain very high and stringent selection criteria for all candidates, regardless of discipline.
Who is Eligible
MAS welcomes graduates with little (less than 3 years) or no working experience to apply for the Graduate Officer (GO) positions.
Undergraduates who are currently studying in their final year also apply for our GO positions, even before their graduation.
We are open to both local students as well as students studying overseas.
The GO positions are important aspects of our overall recruitment strategy. This is reflected in the rigour of the recruitment process and the attention given by the senior management.
As a successful candidate, you will be assigned to a specific department based on the available vacancies within MAS, assessed aptitudes and your expressed area of interest.
The selection process comprises three stages of assessments:
- Psychometric tests.
- Group discussion and writing test.
- Panel interview with management staff and HR.
If you are based overseas, interviews would be conducted (either via video or teleconference) and psychometric, group discussion and writing assessments would be conducted when you are back in Singapore.
We participate in several salary surveys each year to ensure that our total remuneration package remains competitive. We believe in attracting the best talents to join us and motivating them to contribute their best to the organisation.
Aside from remuneration, we believe that it is essential that our officers derive maximum satisfaction from the work that they do in MAS. Staff who live up to the challenges MAS provides can look forward to individual performance bonuses in addition to group bonuses.
Training and Career Development
MAS is committed to providing training and growth opportunities for our staff. We believe in equipping you with essential skills and knowledge to enhance your professional competency and personal effectiveness. You can look forward to functional and general development training at different phases of your career with MAS.
For a start as a young Graduate Officer, you will undergo the following:
- Monthly Induction Programme which covers topics that all new hires need to know to be effective in their work in MAS.
- MAS Diploma in Central Banking (offered by the MAS Academy) which seeks to provide MAS’ officers with broad-based knowledge and a good understanding of MAS' key functions, its core values and ethics.
- On-the-job training where you will gain invaluable experience and knowledge through hands-on experience.
- Training in developing your managerial skills, leadership capability, and people development skills as your career progresses.
To broaden the breath of your knowledge and experience, we also provide opportunities such as:
- Internal transfers and attachments.
- Local and overseas courses, seminars, conferences and meetings.
- Educational Sponsorship Scheme, which offers financial assistance and study leave for staff to take part-time courses relevant to their work in MAS.
- External attachments, overseas postings and postgraduate scholarships to study at local and overseas universities.
Career Paths at MAS
At MAS, career advancement is based on merit. How far and fast you progress in the organisation depends on your performance and capability.
Apart from vertical progression in the organisation, we also place emphasis on progressing you laterally across the organisation through job rotations.
If you show the ability and the potential, you will be given varied opportunities for professional growth. Besides providing training and growth opportunities to each of its staff, MAS emphasises teamwork and the notion that more can be achieved as a team. This has encouraged sharing and cooperation among colleagues, and created a friendly environment to work in.
How to Apply
If you have what it takes and believe you will thrive in a dynamic, rapidly-changing environment, we would like to hear from you!(Applications are now closed)
Shortlisted candidates can expect to be notified within a month.