Each currency note or coin has various advanced security features to minimise the risk of counterfeiting. Find out more about the security features and how you can determine the authenticity of your currency notes and coins:
If you suspect that you have received or have counterfeit currency in your possession, you should:
- Avoid using the currency.
- Keep the currency in the condition as it was found or received.
- If it is a note, do not cut it or write anything on it.
- Note down the particulars of the person or name of the vendor from whom you received the counterfeit currency (if applicable).
- File a report at the nearest police station immediately.
If you have doubts about the authenticity of a Singapore currency note or coin, you may contact us via to find out how you can have it verified physically. Please leave your contact number and a MAS staff member will get in touch with you.
For numismatic and commemorative coins, you may contact , MAS’ appointed numismatic coin contractor.
If a note or coin is verified to be counterfeit, it will be confiscated and you will be required to file a report at any police station.