Singapore FinTech Festival up-sized with richer content and focus on ASEAN
Singapore, 2 May 2018…The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) today announced that the third edition of the Singapore FinTech Festival will be held from 12 to 16 November 2018 in Singapore.
2. This year’s Festival will include two new elements.
- ASEAN FinTech Showcase – With Singapore’s Chairmanship of ASEAN in 2018, the Festival will highlight FinTech developments and opportunities in ASEAN and a showcase of innovative solutions from ASEAN countries.
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance Summit – The Summit will explore emerging AI solutions in trading, investment management, customer service, and risk management. It will also include discussions on quantum computing as well as governance and ethics in the application of AI.
3. Popular segments from previous editions of the Festival will be refreshed and enhanced.
- FinTech Conference & Exhibition – The three-day programme will cover nine broad topics – Future of Banking, InsurTech, Capital Markets, Infrastructure Financing, Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology, Payments, Cyber Security, RegTech, and Financial Inclusion. This year, early bird ticket holders will be given special access to distinguished speakers in special “behind the scenes” sessions.
- FinTech Investor Summit – This year’s Summit has been enhanced to include two components:
- FinTech Deal Day, introduced in last year’s Festival, will continue to facilitate FinTech investment deals. This year, customised research reports will be produced by leading research houses on the participating FinTech companies so that investors will be able to access good-quality information on these companies.
- MATCH (Meet ASEAN’s Talents and Champions) is a new segment that aims to facilitate deal-making by showcasing next-generation ASEAN start-ups and enterprises across all sectors, and connecting them with potential investors. The event will be complemented by keynote presentations and leadership dialogues by notable investors, on a range of topics focused on ASEAN (including financing, enterprise value creation, and exit and listing opportunities).
- Global FinTech Hackcelerator1 – This year’s programme will invite FinTech solutions in four areas: Financial Inclusion, InsurTech, RegTech/SupTech, and General.
- FinTech Awards – The award categories have been revised to allow for more participation from ASEAN countries. A ‘PitchFest’ component will be held across ASEAN countries, where promising FinTech companies will pitch their implemented solutions. Up to five winners from each country will get free tickets to the Singapore FinTech Festival.
- Innovation Lab Crawl – This island-wide event will be extended to two days to allow visitors to spend more time at the innovation labs across more than 20 financial institutions to discover the latest FinTech creations.
4. Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS, said, “The Singapore FinTech Festival has grown in scale and scope over the past two editions, and has contributed to the growth of the FinTech ecosystem in Singapore and the region. We look forward to welcoming FinTech players and stakeholders from all over the world to Singapore, and to work with them to create new value and promote financial inclusion through innovation, digitalisation, and connectivity.”
5. The week-long Singapore FinTech Festival is organised by MAS in partnership with The Association of Banks in Singapore and in collaboration with SingEx Holdings. The Singapore FinTech Festival is strongly supported by the industry and the Festival grand sponsors are AMTD, Deloitte and Prudential. Last year, the Festival drew more than 30,000 participants from over 100 countries, comprising FinTech players, technopreneurs, policy makers, financial industry leaders, investors including private equity players and venture capitalists, and academics. More than 5,000 companies were represented at the Festival last year.
6. In support of Singapore’s chairmanship of ASEAN, delegates from ASEAN countries will enjoy special rates for tickets to the Festival. For more information on the Singapore FinTech Festival, please refer to the attached factsheet or visit .
1 The Global FinTech Hackcelerator will select up to 20 mid to mature start-ups from around the world with innovative solutions to real-life problem statements solicited from the financial services industry, and support these players to bring their solutions from concept to prototype.