These guidelines apply to all licensed financial advisers, exempt financial advisers and their representatives, who advise on any structured deposit. They do not apply where the advice is provided to accredited investors, institutional investors, expert investors or high net worth individuals.
They set out the following standards of conduct:
- Proper usage of the term "structured deposit".
- Disclosure of product information and risks.
- Guidance when making recommendations on structured deposits.
- Training and competency requirements for representatives
- Segregation of activities from traditional fixed deposits.
- 26 Nov 2010
- FAA-G09 (Amendment) 2010 takes effect.