Risk-based capital adequacy requirements for reporting merchant banks incorporated in Singapore.
Notice 1018 Private Equity and Venture Capital Investments
Requirements for merchant banks holding private equity and venture capital investments.
This notice applies to all merchant banks in Singapore that hold private equity and venture capital (PE/VC) investments. It sets out the requirements on PE/VC investments which merchant banks must comply with, including:
• Duration and valuation of PE/VC investments.
• Involvement in management of investees.
• Risk management policy for PE/VC investments.
• Qualifications for merchant bank employees handling PE/VC investment activities.
• Internal approval and monitoring process for each PE/VC investment.
• Reporting PE/VC policies and activities to MAS.
There are no amendment notes for this notice.