Provides guidance on the relief measures for the General Insurance and Health examinations and Continuing Professional Development requirements under the Insurance Act relating to COVID-19 situation.
Notice 117 Training and Competency Requirement: Health Insurance
Requirements for insurers, insurance brokers, financial advisers and their representatives or broking staff on training and competency in relation to health insurance products.
This notice applies to:
- Direct insurers and persons who act as an insurance agent for the insurers.
- Registered direct insurance brokers and their broking staff.
- Exempt direct insurance brokers and their broking staff.
- Licensed financial advisers and their representatives.
- Exempt financial advisers and their representatives who provide advice on or arrange health insurance policies.
It sets out minimum examination requirements for health insurance, and continuing professional development requirements in respect of shield plans.