Requirements for banks holding private equity and venture capital investments.
This notice applies to all banks in Singapore that hold private equity and venture capital (PE/VC) investments. It sets out the requirements on PE/VC investments which banks must comply with, including:
- Duration and valuation of PE/VC investments.
- Involvement in management of investees.
- Risk management policy for PE/VC investments.
- Qualifications for bank employees handling PE/VC investment activities.
- Internal approval and monitoring process for each PE/VC investment.
- Reporting PE/VC policies and activities to MAS.