Risk based capital adequacy requirements for financial holding companies that have a subsidiary that is a bank incorporated in Singapore and are predominantly banking designated financial holding companies (predominantly banking DFHCs).
Notice 630 Private Equity and Venture Capital Investments
Requirements for banks holding private equity and venture capital investments.
This notice applies to all banks in Singapore that hold private equity and venture capital (PE/VC) investments. It sets out the requirements on PE/VC investments which banks must comply with, including:
- Duration and valuation of PE/VC investments.
- Involvement in management of investees.
- Risk management policy for PE/VC investments.
- Qualifications for bank employees handling PE/VC investment activities.
- Internal approval and monitoring process for each PE/VC investment.
- Reporting PE/VC policies and activities to MAS.
- 01 July 2021
- dated 29 June 2021 takes effect.
- 05 July 2010
- MAS Notice 630 dated 05 July 2010 takes effect.