Guidelines for financial advisers to safeguard the interest of clients when distributing life policies online without the provision of advice.
Notice FAA-N19 Distribution of Direct Purchase Insurance Products
Requirements for financial advisers and their representatives with respect to the distribution of direct purchase insurance products.
This notice applies to licensed financial advisers, exempt financial advisers and their representatives.
It covers the following requirements in respect of the distribution of direct purchase insurance products:
- Implementation of safeguards.
- Provision of product information.
- Provision of avenues to address general queries.
- Implementation of internal policies and processes.
- Roles and responsibilities of a representative or customer service officer.