This circular applies to capital markets services licensees, banks, merchant banks, finance companies, insurers and financial advisers. It sets out the requirements on due diligence checks and documentation relevant to the fit and proper certification of their representatives.
Notice SFA 04-N09 Minimum Entry and Examination Requirements for Representatives of Holders of Capital Markets Services licence and Exempt Financial Institutions under the SFA
How to qualify to be a representative, or appoint a representative, to conduct regulated activities under the Securities and Futures Act (SFA)
This notice applies to:
- Individuals who act or hold themselves out to be representatives who carry out regulated activities.
- Capital markets services (CMS) licensees.
- Banks, merchant banks, finance companies and insurers who have appointed representatives conducting regulated activities under the SFA.
It sets out the entry, examination and continuing education requirements for representatives, and the obligations of the financial institutions regarding their representatives.
- 17 Jan 2012
- Notice SFA04-N09 (Amendment) 2012 takes effect.
- 19 Oct 2011
- Notice SFA04-N09 (Amendment) 2011 takes effect.
- 26 Nov 2010
- Notice SFA04-N09 (Amendment) 2010 takes effect.