Requirements for payment service providers (other than a digital payment token service provider) on anti-money laundering (AML) and countering the financing of terrorism (CFT)
Payment service providers are required to put in place robust controls to detect and deter the flow of illicit funds through Singapore's financial system.
Such controls include the need for financial institutions to identify and know their customers (including beneficial owners), to conduct regular account reviews, and to monitor and report any suspicious transaction.
The AML/CFT requirements for payment service providers can be found in this notice, which include the following:
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Customer due diligence.
- Reliance on third parties.
- Correspondent accounts and wire transfers.
- Record keeping.
- Suspicious transaction reporting.
- Internal policies, compliance, audit and training.