All notes and coins issued by MAS since 1967 (including commemorative ones) are legal tender and can be used to pay for goods and services in Singapore.
Refer to the following to find out:
If you wish to exchange or deposit current or past series of notes or coins, refer to the following to find out what you can do:
You can deposit current or past series notes over the counter at a commercial bank in Singapore where you have a bank account. The bank will verify the authenticity of your notes before crediting the value into your bank account.
You may deposit current or past series coins through the following ways:
- Over the counter at a commercial bank in Singapore where you have an account.
- The bank will verify the authenticity of your coins before crediting the value into your bank account.
- A fee may be charged by the bank for the deposit of coins to cover the various handling costs that may be incurred from providing the service. Contact the bank directly for the fees and charges involved.
- Self-service coin deposit machines or over the counter at MAS' appointed Circulation Coins Operator and Manager (CCOM), Certis CISCO Secure Logistics Pte Ltd (CSL).
- Find out where CSL's self-service coin deposit machines are located and the respective coin deposit fees.